Thursday 13 May 2010

Weekend play


During the Bank Holiday weekend Rory and I went to the slate quarries, and I was excited about climbing on one of my favorite rock types, unfortunately the part I had underestimated was that my toes would not be use to it as I have been mainly in ski boots of fully rigid boots since October last year.

We started with Fresh Air (f6a and really nice - a route I helped with bolting a while ago), then moved onto my own route called 362 (named after the number of quarry men who died working there. Graded at f5c).
Following this we strolled up to the Zippy Level of Australia and Rory led the pumpy and sustained Ziplock (f7b) - I could give many reasons for not completing this route, but that would be boring!

On the Monday, Alun came over and we only had a few hours and climbed at the Gorbals Level, and started on Harri Back Llanrug (graded f6a), then put a rope on Toe be or not Toe be (graded f7b). Once again failed to do the last move, and managed to blame the pain in my toes.
We then headed over to finish off on Clash of the Titan (a 40m f6a).

This week I went out with Rich, and had a blast at Stand Up Paddle-boarding, and took a journey around the Little Orme. I was interested to see the Diamond area, and we took a lunch break on the boulders below and viewed the crag - its very impressive. That afternoon Tanya and I went up to Castle-Inn quarry do a couple of quick routes in the evening sun before heading home.

Bryn
National Development Officer MLTW

No comments:

Post a Comment