Tuesday 25 May 2010

Munro-ing...



Well I've just returned from a weeks holiday in Scotland where my other 'arf Caroline has recently (within the last couple of years) got in to ticking off a few Munro's. Over the years I've got quite a few, probably over a hundred and mostly in winter through work but I am not a ticker of lists so quite frankly I havn't a clue how many. Well we got seven in the week mostly around Glen Sheil and I must admit it was quite novel having to get my head in the map and really navigate! I must say the new BMC Mountain map was great and when the going gets a little more technical the Harvey Superwalker makes life sooooo easy......specially with the 'ole mince pies not as sharp as they used to be 'cos it saves you reaching for the specs every 5 minutes. The weather was great for the first few days but then as the heat wave kicked in down south we got a warm muggy south westerly coming in of the coast so it was back to what you normally expect in the north west....Still, there were some good views as the picture taken on the South Clunie ridge above demostrates. However, the other picture could be anywhere in Scotland, and a prize for anyone who can recognise the cairn...

Mal


No comments:

Post a Comment