Thursday 9 June 2011

Peak District visit.


Wee Doris_05
Originally uploaded by SteveMLT
Just back from a couple of days in the Peak District. Showery outbreaks (thunder and lightning!) drove us to the shelter of Stoney Middleton, where we enjoyed Dead Banana Crack, Scoop Wall and, to my surprise, a clean onsight of Wee Doris, the polished testpiece. The next day was bright and breezy so we went over to Stanage, where I managed to climb high enough to get into trouble on a couple of pitches but no higher. Sion took a bit of persuading but preceded to saunter up a delightful pitch called Cave Buttress. I'll be back, just as soon as I've worked out where the footholds are on grit. I've been looking for 30 years and still not found them.

1 comment:

  1. Think I saw you on Scoop Wall there Steve. Couldn't quite make out who it was at the time..

    ReplyDelete