Friday 6 June 2014

BMG Summer Training 2014

This is a blog I forgot to upload from the summer! Today I was working on the second of the two summer training courses for the British Mountain Guides. I was lucky enough to be assigned to work with Paul Swail, a former colleague from the coach development work I was involved in a couple of years ago, and it was a real pleasure to work with him today. As you would expect from an AMI member he delivered a first class teaching day. We climbed Heather Wall (VS) and Javelin Blade(E1) and finished with Tennis Shoe Direct (HVS). 

Not bad with 2 students and less than 5 hours available! 

Here Paul teaches some of the finer points of belay construction with the wonderful Llyn Idwal in the background. It was good to be working back in my office again!
               
Pitch 2 of Heather Wall


Paul Swail leading Javelin Blade


No comments:

Post a Comment