Tuesday 1 February 2011

Guidebook work is never finished

The Tremadog guidebook was a succesful project but it was impossible to personally check every route, and indeed I feel that the strength of a club production is in developing means to involve the membership, who collectively are likely to have climbed far more of the routes than I can ever hope to. However, that's no reason not to continue researching for myself, or perhaps I should rephrase that - I love climbing at Tremadog!

Sunday 29th January was blessed mainly with clear skies, and although the frosts still lingered it was reasonably warm in the afternoon, so I dragged out my long-suffering son for some exploration of the isolated buttresses to the west of Craig y Castell. We found that thanks to discreet but convenient abseil anchors we were able to complete several climbs in quick succession and check their neighbours. We climbed Gestiana  (E1, slighly over-rated at 2 stars), followed by Pryderi (E1) and Pert (E2) both well worth 2 stars if you ignore the muddy and brambly link between the approach pitch (with its perplexing crux) and the upper buttress.


No comments:

Post a Comment