Wednesday 16 June 2010

Back to the promised land today. I love that place. As I'm working at the weekend I took a day off to climb with some friends from the Climber's Club. We romped up the lovely classic "Big Groove" (E3 5c) and followed this in the afternoon sun with "Fail Safe" (E2 5b). Although early in the season I felt that I was going well, so threw myself at the pumpy testpiece "Energy Crisis" (E5 6a). After running it our rather alarmingly above reasonable protection I was able to throw in some knee-bars and piano hands until a final rock-over negotiated an in-balance solution to the final bulge. Hauling myself onto the belay ledge I was almost sick with exertion! Further proof however though that sports climbing mileage helps to kick start the "trad" climbing year.










Pete Sterling leading the first pitch of Big Groove

No comments:

Post a Comment